NetworkX is a Python package for the manipulation and the study of complex networks.
- Designed and developed a random graph generator reproducing given global properties, such as modularity and community structure 
- Implemented a random graph generator for internet-like networks 
PeerStreamer-ng is a distributed application for media live streaming; its core and back-end are written in C to grant a high level of portability and minimal resource footprint, while it uses HTML5 and WebRTC for the graphical user interface and front-end, hence, being usable on any device supporting a web browser.
- Designed and implemented the full-stack system 
- Tested and used with the Wireless Community Network users of Ninux in Italy and AWMN in Greece
- Participated in the media streaming development and deployment tasks of the multi-disciplinary, European netCommons project
Content distribution optimization
Delay distribution guarantees and high-probability delivery time reception in unstructured networks.
- Designed a mathematical model and derived its theoretical results for resource optimization and delay minimization in unstructured network broadcasting. The solution can be easily implemented through neighbour gossiping and the optimized system improves reception delay by 60% and packet loss by half in simulated networks 
- Analytically derived stochastic bounds for content delay reception in a mesh distribution network. These are of particular interest for real-time broadcasting applications 
- Analitically derived age of information metrics in unstructured vehicular networks 
Network Protocol and Application Testing Toolchain (NePA TesT) is a network emulator built on top of mininet and focused on prototyping. It exploits the Linux kernel namespaces to obtain a lightweight virtualisation and emulate networks of thousands of nodes.
- Designed and implemented the network emulator 
- Emulated live video streaming distributions and the OLSR routing protocol on real topologies 
Network cross-layer optimization
Distributed optimization of resource usage and communication delays in unstructured mesh networks; with a particular focus on Community Networks.